Guide2Fluency Scholarship For Those With Disabilities
Earning a college degree is more expensive than ever, especially for those with disabilities, who not only have to pay for typical college-related expenses like tuition and books, but other medical-related costs as well. That is why we here at Guide2Fluency do our best to level the playing field for those with disabilities by providing a $1,500 annual scholarship to one disabled student in need.
Our hope is that by removing certain financial obstacles, students with disabilities can focus more on school and the college experience rather than thinking about how they will cover costs to make ends meet.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a 2-4 year university, community college or graduate school program located in the United States.
Candidates must have a medically recognized physical or mental disability.
The minimum GPA required for application is 2.5, indicating that all applicants are in good academic standing.
How to Apply
To apply, please write a short essay (no longer than 750 words) which addresses the following questions:
- What obstacles have you had to overcome on your path to academic achievement?
- What is your ultimate goal or dream job, and what do you plan to do with your degree?
Please try to include as many personal touches as possible so the Scholarship Committee can get to know you on a personal level.
Application Deadline and Submission
To be eligible, please send an email to info@Guide2Fluency.com with the following information:
- Full name
- Current mailing address
- Phone number
- Short description of your disability
- The name of your current college or the college you plan to attend
- Your essay
- Attach a copy of your latest transcript (high school or college) so the Scholarship Committee can verify GPA
Scholarship applicants must submit a complete application via email by no later than December 31st.
Selection Process and Notification
The Guide2Fluency Scholarship Committee will review all applications and notify the winning student of their award by January 15th. Upon notice of winning the scholarship, the winning student will need to supply current proof of enrollment or a letter of acceptance to receive their scholarship check, as well as a disability documentation verification. In the event the winner does not respond within 7 days of the initial contact, a new winner will be chosen.
One-time award of $1,500
2023 Scholarship Recipient
Guide2Fluency is proud to announce Ruby Liu as the winner of our 2023 scholarship! Ruby is a pre-med major at the University of California, Los Angeles, and is pursuing her dream of becoming a pediatrician. We greatly enjoyed reading Ruby’s essay and getting to know her. Best of luck, Ruby!
When will the scholarship funds be available?
The scholarship award will be mailed by check within 10 business days of providing current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance, as well as disability documentation verification.
Is Guide2Fluency scholarship renewable?
No, the Guide2Fluency scholarship is a one-time award. However, new scholarships are awarded each year and winners may re-apply.
Can I mail in a paper application?
Unfortunately, we do not accept any paper applications. To be considered, you must email your application as outlined above.
Further questions? Please direct all questions to info@Guide2Fluency.com.
Scholarship Terms & Conditions
In applying for the Guide2Fluency Scholarship (“Scholarship Award”), I represent, understand and agree to comply with the following terms and conditions:
- I am a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States, and am 18 years or older.
- If receiving the Scholarship Award, I will use any awarded funds toward my tuition or book costs for the field of study for which the Scholarship Award was approved.
- I am not on academic disciplinary status.
- I have a medically recognized mental or physical disability.
- I understand that my Scholarship Award application materials (“Application Materials”) consist of video, content, creatives, and other materials (“Content”).
- I represent and warrant that the Application Materials and Content do not contain or rely upon any trade secret or other nonpublic technical or business information of any kind of a third party.
- I represent and warrant that the Application Materials and Content do not infringe on another party’s intellectual property rights.
- I agree to allow and hereby permit Guide2Fluency to use my Content for the winner announcement article on the Guide2Fluency website.
- I understand that Guide2Fluency may choose to not award or to withdraw the Scholarship Award for any reason.
- I am not an employee of Guide2Fluency; an immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of an employee of Guide2Fluency; or living in the same household, whether or not related, of an employee of Guide2Fluency.
- If selected as a winner, I agree to comply with the IRS to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the Scholarship Award.
- The terms and conditions of this Scholarship Award agreement will be governed by the laws of the state of Nevada.